Monday, November 24, 2008

Wednesday's Drive Should be Fun

So taking Monique to the doctors today was an experience! Because she's sick, she doesn't have much of an appetite so she didn't eat much for lunch before going to the doctors. Before the doctors,I wanted to drop off a turkey and dinner supplies that we picked up over the weekend to donate. So we were driving to drop them off and she starts complaining about her belly hurting ... so I do the norm and give her the bag of gold fish crackers. Well 2 mins later she starts throwing up. She stops and then not even a minute later throws up more. We were only a 1/2 mile from the doctors office, so I make sure she isn't choking on her spit up and drive to the doctor's office.I strip her down in the parking lot (mind you it's in the 30s out).The whole time she's saying 'I don't want people to call me stinky'.I felt so bad for her. Fortunately I had a change of pants in the car, but damn ... not a shirt. So I get her pants changed in the parking lot and then we head inside where I took off the t-shirt I had on under my sweatshirt and put that on her. So here I am ... taking my sick child to the doctors and she now has no coat on and is in a HUGE t-shirt, looking like a bum and stinking like vomit.


We get through the doctors appointment and the doctor told me I can give her a 1/4 to a 1/2 tablet of dramine for her car sickness... the one plus with this whole experience. Fortunately, it's just a cold and we just need to let it run it's course.

So we get back out to the car and I had to finish cleaning it out so she could sit in her car seat for the ride home (a piece of advice,carry 'wet ones' in your car, plastic bags, a change of clothes and wipes. they have all come in VERY handy at times).


We get home and I have clean her silkies cuz she had them in the car when she got sick. Well she wants to help me clean her silkies so I let her. I had already 'cleaned' them and they just needed to be rinsed. So I walked out of the bathroom while she was 'cleaning' her silkies. Well, I wasn't thinking and I left the soap in there. She dumped about a 1/2 the bottle of dish soap on her silkies to clean them. I had to laugh ... it was either that or cry at this point :). And oh, I had a horrible, horrible headache myself this whole time.

We finally got silkies cleaned, Monique bathed (she had throw up in her hair) and into pjs and I finally finished cleaning the car. Now Monique is peacefully napping.

This car ride to Pittsburgh is going to be interesting. I am putting my child who gets car sickness after being in the car for 5 minutes into a car for the entire day. Please wish me luck!