Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wow ... 2 in one weekend!

We took Monique to have her Christmas pictures taken yesterday so I wanted to post the adorable pictures on our website :) We also ordered our photo Christmas cards ... I am 'trying' to be ahead of the game this year.

As Dave mentioned in a much earlier blog from this year, his parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in August. We finally uploaded pictures (that others in Dave's family took)from our evening with them where we celebrated with family, food, drinks and yummy cake :)

In looking through our pictures, I also noticed I never uploaded the pictures of Monique at Valentines day with the chocolates and bear her grandma in Pittsburgh had sent her.

Not much else to report here. It's 8:30am Sunday morning and everyone is still sleeping besides me. Dave has been sick for the last week now and Monique came down with something herself last night. After going to bed she started coughing and she woke up with a stuffy nose. Needless to say, we all had a very crappy night sleep. There is nothing worse for a child that sucks her thumb while falling asleep than a stuffy nose in which she can't breathe out of or blow clear. I had to use saline a couple of times on her nose last night so she could fall back asleep... and I could go back to sleep. I think it was around 3:30am and she had woken up for the third time when I decided medicine was due! I gave her some motrin and cough medicine, and it seemed to do the trick because she is still sleeping!

Given the return of the Coutu plague it'll probably be a day of vegging and movies to give Monique some down time in hopes she'll feel better for the trip to Pittsburgh on Wednesday. We were going to take Monique to see a play version of the 'Grinch that Stole Christmas' this afternoon at a local high school ... but we'll have to go see it elsewhere, or something else.