So the time is closing in for the Bitter Pill adventure race - three more days until we're waking up way too early and seeing if we can find our way through the woods. My brother, Dana, and nephew, Jason, are racing with me this year. None of us are in really great shape, but we're not trying to win anything - my main goal is to reach each discipline (though not being a huge swimmer I probably won't mind missing that one :) ). In talking with my teammates it sounds like we're all excited just to be doing it. Now I'm just hoping that the rain in Vermont lets off some and the temperature stays in the 70s for the day of the race.
Update: I should correct myself. Jason actually is in shape, though he may not be where he wants to be with his cardiovascular. Which is really unfortunate because Dana and I were hoping that we could take turns having Jason carry us. :)