Sunday, July 20, 2008

Amy's catchup - July 20th

Hello everybody! As Dave has informed you all ... we have been keeping busy. I finally posted some pictures of Laurie and Cathy's visit with the kids. I also posted some pictures of my mom and sister's visit from Memorial Day, along with my Cousin Gary and his family's visit from the 4th. You can check them all out here.

Hmm, what else do I have to add? Monique and I (well mainly me) planted a garden this spring. It's been doing 'ok'. We had some peas come in and Monique LOVED picking them right off the vine and eating them straight from the pod. The green and yellow squash are doing well. The tomatoes and green beans are a little iffy. The cucs never ever sprotted. I never claimed to have a green thumb :)

Monique's last day at daycare was Friday. It was a very anti-climatic day. Although we have talked to her about no longer going to school, I don't think it really set in. I am sure in a couple of weeks (or possibly days) she'll start asking about school.

We are enjoying some down time at home for a couple of weekends. Last weekend Monique and I went to see BIG BUGS at the New England Wildflower Society along with Monique's neighbor friends. We also spent some time at the beach in Hopkinton and we went to see a free concert in Hopkinton's Town Common. We are doing much of the same this weekend. We went to the beach again yesterday and then ran some errands. Today, we have been mostly lazy, watching PBS cartoons. Who knows what the rest of the day will entail? It's suppose to be a rainy day, so probably not too much. If it's nice enough this evening, we'll be heading back to the town common for another picnic dinner and free concert.

Monique had her swim class this past week and absolutely loved it. She's a little fish! Dave had a scary experience though on Thursday, the day he took her. The instructors had the kids in deeper water than they had all week and all the kids were hanging on to a boogy board kicking and splashing. Well Monique wasn't a huge fan of that part of swim class. She didn't really like all the water splashing on her. All the days prior she had been able to let go of the board and walk away... well not this day. They were too deep and she couldn't stand when she let go this time and the instructor didn't see her let go of the board. Dave (watching from the beach) screamed her name to get the instructor's attention and then the instructor pulled her up. Dave was super freaked out, and I had to take Monique to swim class on Friday. Needless to say, they had an extra instructor on Friday and they were back in the shallow water.