The race went better than I expected this weekend. I was really worried about the orienteering section since I'm an okay navigator, but not rock solid. Combined we did a great job at getting through the trekking sections. We missed only two check points and that was somewhat by choice (I'll try detailing the race in a future post). I don't think we were in quite good enough physical shape to have won our division, but it was encouraging to know that we weren't terribly far off. (After finishing the race and not feeling nearly as bad as he expected Dana even expressed interest in trying again next year. We'll see. I'm more of the volunteer type so I won't be instigating it, but I'll have a hard time saying no. :)) Here's some pictures from the race (plus a couple bonus ones from the weekend which I'll explain).
On Sunday some of the family gathered at Mom & Dad's for dinner and we had a good time hanging out. Monique hasn't been able to hang out with her Aunt's and Uncle's as much since the move, but she had a great time. We caught some pictures of Uncle Pete getting Monique to eat some more of her dinner by having her put on her meat-eating face and rubbing her belly since it tasted so good!