Friday, October 1, 2004

Initial pregnancy thoughts and feelings

We have affectionally given the baby the nickname Vampy. You can thank (or blame) Dave's friend Jeff's girlfriend Kemi for Vampy. When her and Jeff were up for a visit, she said "you have this thing inside of you sucking all your resources". So, we nicknamed the baby Vampy. It was Vampy the pea pod for a brief period. Now you ask, where did peapod come from? Well that came from our first ultrasound at 7 weeks. When we first saw the baby I thought it looked like a peapod. I know... I am strange :)

Here is the website I check out every Monday morning to see what is going on for the baby that week.

Here are some answers to common questions:
1) How are you feeling?
Pretty darn good!

2) Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?
We tried at 20 weeks but the baby was being stubborn. The baby wasn't in the correct position and the baby wouldn't move so the doctor couldn't tell.

3) Thought of any names?
Monique Lauren or Nathan Daniel. Yes, there is some "controversy" with Monique. We haven't decided if we are changing it yet. Dave is leaning towards leaving it. What "controversy" you ask, well all I can say is ask Justin. It has something to do with a "friend" of the ninja group.

4) When are you due?
5/23/05.

5) Hoping for a boy or a girl?
We don't care. We are just hoping for happy and healthy! When I think of either sex as a teenager, I get scared! I did have a dream about the ultrasound the night before our 20 week visit and it was a boy ... but that's only a dream. We don't know for sure yet.